Lloyd Street Synagogue

This Orthodox Synagogue is a component of the Jewish Museum of Maryland.  The synagogue was built in 1845 by the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation. It was the first synagogue erected in Maryland and today it is the third-oldest standing synagogue in the U.S.  Both the exterior and interior of the building today are very much as they were in 1845.  The synagogue is available for special occasion rental.
Directions: 695 to 83 South; go to the end and through the first light; turn left at the second light (Baltimore St.); go 1/4 mile and turn right on Lloyd St.; museum on left.

Categories: